WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN A TEAM OF PASSIONATE ENGINEERS AS A PROFESSIONAL FAMILY MEMBER FOR THE LONG-TERM?
Our partner is one of the top multi-disciplinary engineering firms in the region that is currently in a strong growth stage and searching for top tier, career-oriented professionals to be part of their high-touch, consultancy-based engineering team. They are the only small company doing large, exciting projects. The key to their success being their core values, best practices and team-oriented mindset.
Have you been searching for a company that values the individual as well as your expertise and drive within the private sector, commercial and industrial land development? Working across a wide and exciting range of market sectors they are driven to bring success to their clients. With 80+ projects in house, they are expanding their team. This is your time to become part of the growing professional family that will allow you to reach you full career potential and quality of life with no limitations.
Build a TRUE CAREER and leave a Professional LEGACY with a company who CARES about you.
ARE YOU A STRONG PROJECT EGINEER III - SENIOR PM?
You possess senior level capabilities with an emphasis on stormwater design and have a high aptitude for managing and executing on all aspects of technical site design. Based on current long-term project backlog this position is anticipated to be 85% utilized and will work independently and directly with Project Managers, Associates and Principals of the Firm. You have various types of project experience in their repertoire and will have worked on large commercial design and permitting projects within the S+T/Industrial/MF Residential sector focuses. Strong Civil 3d and AutoCAD skills are required for this role. This individual is required to possess a solid work ethic, be organized, be approachable, be a team player, and be goal oriented. Highpoint’s environment is supportive but demanding as they are a growing and emerging design firm in the New England marketplace.
- Works independently and with senior staff on all aspects of site engineering and planning projects in the office
- Possesses project management skills for managing junior staff and clients
- Prepares concept study plans
- Prepares feasibility studies
- Performs fieldwork for feasibility studies
- Performs zoning reviews
- Produces opportunity & constraint plans
Design (Schematic Design & Definitive Site Plan Development)
- Produces drawings using Autodesk software included in the architectural, engineering & construction collection
- Prepares site plans and detailed drawings for various project types including layout and material plans, grading and drainage plans, site utility plans, erosion and sedimentation control plans, plan and profiles, sections and site details
- Prepares or instructs staff for preparation of maps, exhibits, diagrams, and profiles using cross-sections and surveys to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations and structures
- Assists with preparing, compiling, and submitting permit application packages to municipal departments, boards, and commissions
- Performs earthwork calculations
- Performs site plan takeoffs and cost estimates on quantities for projects
- Performs fieldwork
- Leads on project strategy
- Produces design alternatives
- Performs soils evaluation
- Prepares wastewater capacity analysis
- Prepares drainage reports
- Leads and assists teams with project permit expediting activities which includes travel to municipal, state and federal departments
- Directs staff for compilation of permit application packages
- Manages staff on preparation of report exhibits
- Prepares report narratives
- Prepares application cover letters and transmittals
- Comprehensive list of application examples
- Planning board site plan review
- Planning board special permit
- Zoning board of appeals – variance applications
- Conservation commission – notice of intent filings
- Board of health – septic system design & permitting
- Boston Water and Sewer Commission – Site Plan Approval
- Boston Inspectional Services Department
- EOEEA; MEPA Unit – ENF, EENF, DEIR, FEIR
- MaDEP – Chapter 91 License
- MaDEP – 401 Water Quality Certification
- MaDEP – Sewer Connections/Extensions
- MWRA – Sewer Use Discharge Permit
- Massachusetts Historical Commission – State Register Rev.
- MaDOT – Curb Cut, Access Permit
- MaDEP – Endangered Species Permit
- EPA – Notice of Intent and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan
- Federal Aviation Administration – Section 19 Determination
- Army Corps of Engineering – General Permit Cat I, II, III
- Prepares site development plans for building permit
- Coordinates discipline design detail
- GMP plan development
- Invitation to bid support
- Performs site walks
- Issues field sketches
- Performs value engineering
- Assists with evaluating bid tab review
- Performs shop drawing review
- Responds to contractor RFI’s
- Prepares sketch exhibits
- Attends construction meetings
- Performs punch list
- Reviews site as-builts
WHAT A PERFECT FIT LOOKS LIKE
+ You have 10 to 15+ years of experience in Civil/SIte Design and you are passionate about your job
+ You have a B.S. Civil Engineering or greater (Minimum Credentials: FE/EIT; PE Preferred)
+ You are proficient in AutoCAD, Civil3D, HydroCAD, MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat
+You Have Strong Enxperience In;
Grading & drainage
Notice of intent
Site plan approval
Long term O&M
Project Management Skills
Strong written communication
Strong verbal communication
Aptitude for multi-tasking
+ You enjoy a family style firm and strengthen the dynamic of the team by upholding core values and great work
+ You thrive as a learnier/leader and are passionate about Engineering
+ You understand the value of communication and interpersonal skills
+ You are seeking growth within a “family” / close knit firm and feeding off the positive guidance from leadership and co-workers
WHAT WE OFFER
+ A stimulating and non-routine work environment where teamwork, mentoring and knowledge sharing encouraged
+ A small company /f amily culture where flexibly, creativity and growth are encouraged;
+ Competitive salaries, medical and dental benefits, profit sharing and a 401K Plan.
+ Aggressive PTO and Vacation plan
+ Flex time- employees are afforded the availability to flex time to execute their day to day responsibilities as project schedules and deliverables allow. Working remotely over our VPN network and off hours is allowed. Prior approval is required from a Principal.
+New office location with great ammenities with minutes of the building
+Beautiful natural lighting within the workspace, gym, food amenities
+ Emphasis on tech in your workspace in office (tower computer with 2 large curved monitors) and at home (laptop with 30" curved monitor) providied by the company.
DO YOU THINK YOU ARE A GREAT FIT?
WE WANT TO KNOW YOU!